What it is advisable to know
- Google has launched a small beta replace for Android 14.
- Android 14 Beta 2.1 options plenty of bug fixes associated to system and app stability.
- The replace additionally addresses an issue stopping customers from finishing gadget setup when opting out of the beta program.
It has been about two weeks for the reason that final Android 14 beta was launched, that means it is about time for a brand new replace. Happily, that is precisely what Google has for us with Android 14 Beta 2.1, which is rolling out to eligible Pixel smartphones now.
The corporate introduced the brand new replace in a Reddit post detailing the adjustments customers can anticipate with the most recent construct. As is the standard for level updates, this solely appears to incorporate plenty of bug fixes, which ought to make the system behave rather more easily going ahead.
Here is the changelog, per the release notes:
- Mounted extra points that would trigger the battery share to show as 0% whatever the precise cost degree of the gadget. (Issue #281890661)
- Mounted points that typically triggered audio disruptions with the gadget’s audio system. (Issue #282020333, Issue #281926462, Issue #282558809)
- Mounted system stability points that would trigger apps or the gadget to freeze or crash. (Issue #281108515)
- Mounted a problem with always-on-display mode when utilizing a tool with Android Auto. (Issue #282184174)
- Mounted a problem that typically triggered the Google Pictures app to crash when making an attempt to open sure photographs.
- Mounted a problem the place, whereas gesture navigation was enabled for a tool, placing a video into picture-in-picture mode within the Google TV app made the picture-in-picture window disappear, despite the fact that playback continued and audio might nonetheless be heard.
- Mounted a problem that triggered the Google Contacts app to crash when managing account settings.
- Mounted a problem the place the icon for the Google Messages app didn’t show for notifications when always-on-display mode was enabled.
An extra bug repair addresses an issue customers have when opting out of the beta program from Android 14, because the system would apparently not permit some to finish gadget setup. Google notes, nevertheless, that the repair shouldn’t be backwards suitable with earlier variations of the Android 14 beta, so customers experiencing points ought to observe the steps under to rise up and operating once more:
1. Replace the gadget to Android 14 Beta 2.1, both by way of the over-the-air (OTA) replace immediate, or by downloading an OTA image after which applying the update manually. These already opted out should decide again in and apply Android 14 Beta 2.1.
2. Reset the pin, sample, or password that is used on the gadget by navigating to Settings > Safety & privateness > Display screen lock. You should use the identical pin, sample, or password that was used beforehand, however it is advisable to undergo the setup move.
3. Decide out of the beta program by following the directions listed for the “How can I decide out and return to a public Android launch” query within the FAQ section of the Android Beta Program page. In case your gadget shouldn’t be enrolled, you’ll be able to download the general public Android 13 photos as a substitute.
Customers on the Android 14 Beta can replace their telephones manually or by navigating to Settings > System > System replace. Eligible Pixel smartphones embody the Pixel 4a 5G and newer, though it appears to be like just like the Pixel 7a shouldn’t be but accessible for the beta program simply but.
Based mostly on the timeline, the following beta replace might deliver Android 14 to platform stability forward of a steady launch later this 12 months.
The Pixel 7a is the most recent Google smartphone, and customers can anticipate extra of a flagship expertise from this mid-range telephone because of the Tensor G2 chipset. And like different Pixels, the 7a will possible be among the many first to get new Google software program, significantly when Android 14 launches later this 12 months.