One of many essential causes to purchase the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic is the LED flashlight constructed into the case. Shiny sufficient to light up your operating or biking path at useless of night time, this devoted flashlight is far more handy than the previous “flashlight mode” that simply cranks up the brightness of your show to most.
Whether or not you have simply purchased your self a Garmin Instinct 2X Solar or are contemplating shopping for one, we’ll present you learn how to use the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight and alter the settings so that you get essentially the most out of it.
The way to use the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight
1. Maintain down the top-left CTRL button till the Settings menu seems.
2. Use the up and down buttons to scroll by your choices till you discover the Torch choice (it has a flashlight icon). Faucet the top-right GPS button (or choose button) to open it.
3. Scroll up and down to pick certainly one of 4 white LED depth settings or the pink LED flashlight. Faucet the choose button to show the flashlight on.
At this level, turning on the Intuition 2X flashlight is straightforward: double-tap the CTRL button. It would activate with the identical shade or depth you final chosen. Then double-tap the top-left button once more to show the flashlight off.
The way to use Strobe flashlight settings
1. Return to the Management Settings (maintain down the top-left button) and scroll down from Torch to search out the Strobe menu (it has a flashing mild icon).
2. Scroll by your mode choices: Blitz (three speedy flashlight lights in succession), Beacon (semi-quick alternating between on and off), Pulse (brilliant mild slowly fades to nothing), Blink (alternates between on and off at barely longer intervals than Beacon), or Customized (extra on that beneath).
3. Faucet the GPS choose button to show the Strobe mild on and off.
Observe that, in contrast to the usual flashlight setting, your Strobe setting will not be saved for those who double-tap the CTRL button to show it on and off. You will have to return to the Strobe settings web page to show it again on.
Let’s concentrate on Customized mode. To make use of it, choose Customized to drag up your three customizable choices: sample, velocity, and shade.
4. Click on the down (ABC) button to enter edit mode.
5. Use the choose (GPS) button to modify between choices for every parameter, then the down button once more to maneuver to the subsequent choice.
6. Once you’re accomplished customizing, hit the again (Set) button to return to the Customized display, then the choose (GPS) button to show it on.
The way to make the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight match your cadence throughout an exercise
At any time throughout a tracked exercise, you may comply with the steps above to show in your flashlight and both brighten your path or give a visible warning to passersby that you just’re there. However for those who regularly work out at night time and wish your flashlight to come back on by default throughout an exercise, you may set that up fairly simply.
1. Maintain down the middle-left Menu button.
2. Scroll all the way down to Settings > Actions & Apps.
3. Select an exercise (like Run) that you just wish to allow the flashlight Strobe for, and choose it.
4. Choose Run Settings (or [Activity] Settings).
5. Scroll down and choose Strobe.
6. Beneath Standing, select After Sundown (or On for those who choose).
7. Beneath Mode, it ought to be set to Cadence. You’ll be able to depart it as is or choose it and alter to a different mode like Blink or Pulse.
By enabling this, you make sure that the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight will (in concept) match the actions of your physique when it lights up or shuts off. I discovered this mode a bit inconsistent in observe, however you must take a look at it for your self and see for those who prefer it.
Now you understand most of the Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic flashlight tips! Within the system handbook, Garmin claims that you would be able to “show your emergency contact info and program the flashlight to flash in a misery sample” for those who “maintain MENU, choose Misery Sample, and press GPS,” however I did not see this selection even after ensuring to arrange an emergency contact within the Garmin Join app. Maybe it is one thing Garmin plans so as to add sooner or later.
Indubitably, the Intuition 2X Photo voltaic belongs on the checklist of the best Garmin watches of the yr, because of its flashlight and the highly effective photo voltaic panel for gaining again juice throughout the day in your nightly runs.
The Garmin Intuition 2X Photo voltaic has an unbelievable battery capability in regular use, however the flashlight does drain that battery pretty shortly for those who’re not cautious. Preserve that in thoughts once you select which flashlight depth or strobe choice to make use of, or for those who allow Cadence mode along with multi-band GPS monitoring. Our information on Garmin watch battery problems might provide you with different recommendations on learn how to make the watch last more.
A rugged design, improved software program, ridiculously good battery life and photo voltaic recharge, and the helpful new flashlight make the 2X top-of-the-line health watches of the yr.