Funding to assist nonprofits that concentrate on security coaching, generational studying
Employees’ compensation supplier Texas Mutual Insurance coverage Firm has introduced that it has chosen the grant recipients for the second spherical of its 2023 request for proposal (RFP) initiative.
Almost 60 organizations have been awarded a complete of just about $4 million to assist their office improvement and security coaching initiatives, Texas Mutual mentioned. The grants are a part of the insurer’s dedication of $8 million in grant funding to nonprofits throughout Texas.
The grants are awarded for work in two classes:
- Generational studying for working households
- Office improvement and security coaching
“We acknowledge that empowering these nonprofits with grants is an funding sooner or later for extra resilient communities and a stronger workforce for Texas,” mentioned Jackie Sekiguchi, group affairs supervisor at Texas Mutual. “Every group evokes us by means of their dedication to workforce improvement and security coaching.”
Grant recipients had been awarded for specializing in:
- Coaching present and future expert staff in protected work practices, particularly in sectors with the next danger of office accidents
- Creating sturdy pathways for in-demand, middle-skill jobs
- Upskilling and reskilling grownup learners by means of “earn-and-learn” applications
Grant recipients have to be Texas-based 501(c)(3) organizations, and should be capable of show that they’re actively delivering companies and help to Texas communities within the designated areas of focus.
Have one thing to say about this story? Tell us within the feedback beneath.
Sustain with the most recent information and occasions
Be a part of our mailing checklist, it’s free!